This is the original photograph I worked on for this task
Firstly, I used the unsharp mask filter to adjust the contrast between the edges of the image.
I then used the quick selection tool to select my subject and separate her from the rest of the image.
I then used the quick mask tool to mask the selection.
I then used a basic brush tool to mask the areas of the image the quick mask tool had missed.
My subject was now completely selected.
I then used a Levels adjustment layer to adjust the skin tone of my subject.
I then used a Hue/Saturation adjustment layer to reduce the saturation of the image and decrease the lightness.
I then adjusted the Vibrance using an adjustment layer to reduce saturation and make the colours in the graffiti stand out more.
I used a basic colour burn brush to darken the colours in the photograph.
I then used a curves adjustment layer to darken the tone of the image.
This is the final outcome. I am really happy with how this image turned out as I think the contrast between the subject and the background is effective.