• Where does the name Ethan ‘turn it up’ come from?
• What is your favourite song on ‘A figure of speech’ and why?
• What got you into music?
• Is music your life, or is just something you want to do on the side with another career?
• (If music) Was there any defining moment where you realised this?
• Would you consider yourself an artist or a producer primarily?
• Who are your main musical influences?
• What music did you grow up with?
• When you listen to music, are you more drawn to the lyrics or the actual music?
• If you could describe your music in 3 words what would they be?
• Where is your favourite venue you have performed?
• What has been your biggest challenge as a producer and an artist?
• Where would you like your music to lead you?
• As an artist and producer, what is your opinion on illegal music downloading?
• What do you do outside of music?
• How do you find the music scene in Leeds? What is your favourite vene?
• What would be your biggest dream in relation to your music?
• If you could play one venue what would it be?
• Would you prefer to sign with a label or work alone?
• Do you have any upcoming events?
• Where can we find your music?
1.The name comes from a vocal sample I put in my music that says “turn it up”
Then wen i was in Magaluf, I still had not decided my name… But wen I got there the 1st thing i saw wen i looked out my balcony was a girl wearing a top saying Turn It Up … so i kept the name after that lolol
2. There all my favourite but if i would have 2 pic it would be ‘Somebody’ just because it is a sampled old skool beat …kinda sounds like the stuff I listen 2 daily
3. I dont kno wat got me into music, I usually just say the music found me, there was never a point where i said I wanted 2 be a musician. It just sort of happened and now ive got an album out lol
4. Music is DEFIANTLY Everything 2 me … I wish i had more time 2 do it, i cannot see myself doing nothing else
5. errmm … probably about 2 years ago wen I decided 2 relese my 1st Ep called Bitz & Bobz …it wasnt great but it was a start
6. Yeh im a Producer 1st always …but i DJ alot and MC a little
7. Main influences are producers like 9th wonder, Apollo Brown and a rapper called Kano but theres so many more
I am also a Huge fan of soul music which I think influences me alot
8. I grew up 2 early 2000’s Hip Hop people like Dmx And 50 cent… wen good Hip Hop still charted, i always listened 2 a little bit of rock too
9.The music is defiantly the main focus for me … however you cant make a good song without good Lyrics
so there pretty music useless without each other
10. this is a hard 1 lol … Id say its the past future and Present put all together
11.Berlin last week was amazing … it crazy to think that music can take you all these places
12. The hardest part of all this would be i still don’t work hard enough …i need 2 work much harder but i find it hard with Uni and other stuff.
13. All I relle want to be is a Producer now …just as long as I can live off the music i make Im happy.
.14 i think illegaly downloading music can have its advantages but All the music I love , I Buy … I love buying vinyl too
but usually i will download it 1st and if i like it I will buy It
15.I dont relle do much anymore outside of music, I go uni where I do a music production course …and I use 2 play alot of footbALL wen i was young, I played Professionally for Mk Dons for a while but thats about it
16.In leeds the Music Ok …I think it does not get enough exposure, if u want good music you really have 2 search for it but its there
My favourite venue would be the Musiquarium, they have always good good acts there
17. My biggest dream would be to have my own record label where i can sign musicians like me and just have my music remembered way after im gone
18. Id say it would be the Hmv Forum in london, its pretty big but still very intimate, i dont enjoy big venues as much, sometimes you can feel a million miles away from the performer
19. I would rather do this own my own, but i dont mind too much, if the right deal comes along I would sign…as song as im not restricted musically
20. I dont have anything happening at the moment but you can catch me Dj-ing around leeds usually, In Muluko sometimes
21.My music is on Itunes, Youtube , Bandcamp, Soundcloud